The health, safety and well-being of our guests and team members is our top priority at Dubbel Dutch.
Self Check-In & Independent Arrival
Dubbel Dutch utilizes online check-in and key code entry. Staff are always on duty and on call for guest assistance.
Focus on Cleaning
Dubbel Dutch uses industry-standard cleaning and disinfection supplies, chemicals, and processes to ensure for the highest standards of cleanliness, disinfection and hygiene. Our measures include:
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfection of guest rooms
- Frequent disinfection of high-contact points, such as door handles, bathrooms, and common areas
- Hand sanitizers available in common areas
- Provision of masks for our guests, based on availability
- Regular training for staff to ensure proper hand hygiene and awareness of COVID-19, which is vital to help combat the spread of viruses and the overall health of our guests and team members
Flexibility on Travel Plans
At Dubbel Dutch we understand that cancellations may need to occur. We sincerely hope we can work together with you to reschedule your reservation. However, if cancellation is necessary our policy is typically that guest room reservations can be canceled without penalty 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. After that time, a cancellation charge will be applied equal to one night's room rate plus tax. If travel plans are affected due to COVID-19 or Stay at Home orders, single room reservations can be canceled without penalty 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival.
Dubbel Dutch Commitment
Dubbel Dutch is committed to following guidelines and safety information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in order to identify COVID-19 symptoms, mitigate its transmission and use recommended cleaning and disinfection protocol.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation, Dubbel Dutch is committed to keeping guests and team members well informed, safe and cared for.
Built in 1898 by legendary architects George Ferry and Alfred Clas, the Flemish double house/mansion that came to be known as Dubbel Dutch began in much anticipation. However, through a winding and tumultuous century, the double house sat on Marshall Street in downtown Milwaukee in the shadows of an emerging city without an identity. In September 2019, Juli Kaufmann of Fix Development, Patrick R. Jones of Ramsey Jones Architects and Andy Braatz of Braatz Building bought the house with a vision to give this extraordinary structure the identity it deserved. The idea was a historical, downtown, independent hotel.
Beginning the demolition, renovation, and construction as soon as possible, Braatz Building got to work. Mindful of the historic designation that kept the building standing in the 1980’s, the structure has stayed as true to the original as possible. But for this hotel to reach its potential, it needed an identity.
Transforming this fixer-upper into a Milwaukee experience required expert branding and renowned interior consulting. The result: a whimsical, yet traditional identity bearing the name Dubbel Dutch, in reference to the unmistakable Flemish architecture and witty disposition. By modernizing the interior to contain contemporary amenities and furnishings, the essence of “historic meets modern” came to life.
Check in is at 3 PM and check out is at 12 PM.
Requests for early check in and late check out can be submitted to staff and will be accommodated based on availability.
Dubbel Dutch offers 7 self-park spots located directly behind our building. Guests may add a parking spot to their reservation at a rate of $25/night + tax, based on availability.
Please be aware of your surroundings, do not leave any valuables in your car, and be aware of current City of Milwaukee safety alerts regarding Hyundai and Kia car thefts.
Additional nearby parking options include:
- Gas Light Garage (4 blocks from Dubbel Dutch, 0.3 mi)
- Cathedral Place Garage (4 blocks from Dubbel Dutch, 0.3 mi)
- Museum Center Park (6 blocks from Dubbel Dutch, 0.4 mi)
- More options can be found on MKE Downtown’s website
- Please call 414-376-3439 for more information or for assistance navigating City of Milwaukee street parking
Dubbel Dutch is dog friendly and has designated rooms for pets accompanying guests. Based on availability, guests may bring their pet with them on their stay for a $50 fee for 1 night or $100 for 2+ nights (+ tax).
Dubbel Dutch does not allow pets to be left unattended in guest rooms, requires that they be on a leash at all times in common areas, and are not allowed in the Tavern/coffee shop (other than ordering). Guests are asked to be courteous with waste clean up and will be responsible for any pet related damages.
At Dubbel Dutch, certified service animals are welcomed. Please let staff know if you plan to bring your service animal before your visit and if there is anything we can do to best assist you during your stay.
Dubbel Dutch’s first floor is fully ADA Accessible, including our Tavern spaces, the public bathrooms, and our beautiful first floor King Suite. We have a vertical platform lift located at our back patio entrance. We have one designated accessible parking space (spot #1) located in our back of the building parking spaces.
Our double house was built in 1898 and has historic preservation designation, so there is no elevator. There are two guest rooms located on the first floor (our King Suite and 1 Classic Queen Room). Please coordinate with our staff for any assistance you may need throughout your stay including asking us to help you carry your things up the stairs!
If we are not able to accommodate an early check in or late check out, we are happy to coordinate luggage storage with you. Simply let staff know by calling/texting us or making a note in your reservation at the time of booking.
At Dubbel Dutch we understand that cancellations may need to occur. We sincerely hope we can work together with you to reschedule your reservation. However, if cancellation is necessary guest room reservations can be canceled without penalty 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. After that time, a cancellation charge will be applied equal to one night's room rate plus tax. Please note that half house or full house buyout packages have their own cancellation policy.
Absolutely. Our restoration of this 1898 historic home into Dubbel Dutch is foundational to our core belief of creating as sustainable and environmentally friendly of a business as we can. We work diligently to be as low waste as possible and be free of "one use" plastics.
- We re-fill our locally made, organic body products into dispensers
- Each guest room has filtered water in an up-cycled wine bottle + 2 glasses also made from up-cycled wine bottles by a local artist with additional filtered waters in our sitting room for exchange (no plastic water bottles here!)
- Upon request, we offer biodegradable cocktail straws made of natural wheat at our Tavern
- We compost all produce waste from our Tavern through Compost Crusaders
- Our linen partner, washbnb, also has strong environmental and sustainability values - they leverage technology to reduce energy, water, and chemical use, wash in large batches, and do not use any synthetic or microfibers and leech plastic into the environment
Dubbel Dutch is a locally and independently owned business with a local operator. Local is who we are - we are committed to supporting and partnering with local artists and businesses who have similar values as often as we can! Some of our great partners are listed here:
- On site coffee shop owned and operated by Adam Sterr of Space Time Coffee
- Body Products by Franciscan Peacemakers
- Linens & Laundry by washbnb
- Up-cycled Glassware by Alonzo Artistry
- Customized Mugs by Jean's Clay Studio
- Guest Room Furniture & Design by Sharon (Celek) Kevil of Forti Goods
- Decorative wall art in our Tavern by Colleen Drew of Drew Art Inc.
- Door & Interior Signage by Michael Cerda of Cerda Design Co
- Branding by B&Co
- Room & Hotel Art by rotating local artists
- Live music in our Tavern by local artists & DJs
- Maker's Markets featuring locally owned businesses and artists
- Pop Ups by local start-ups, bakeries, donut shops
And the list goes on!
Rent the House
Host your favorite people.
INTERESTED IN BUYING OUT
THE WHOLE HOUSE?
HERE’S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW